Each February, National Children’s Dental Health Month is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of oral health. This month-long health observance brings together thousands of dedicated dental professionals, healthcare providers, and educators across the world to promote the benefits of good oral health to children, their caregivers, teachers and many others.
Towne View dental care lead by Dr. Roopam Garg and team have decided to dedicate this month to raise awareness about the importance of good oral health practices in children.
TVDC will also be hosting a Community outreach week February 19th- 22nd. Our Goal is to provide free dental cleanings, checkups and fluoride to children ages 3-14. For more information, or to register your child or children for this event, contact our office at 972-874-7870.
The keys to promoting good oral health at home are to have a tooth-friendly diet and encourage good oral hygiene practices.
- Sugar-added and high sugar-content foods and drinks/juices should be consumed at mealtimes and not as snacks. This is because saliva flow increases during meals and saliva helps to rinse food particles away and neutralise the acids from cavity-causing bacteria found in plaque.
- Limit between-meal snacks. If kids eat a lot of snacks, they are unlikely to eat at mealtimes. But if offering a snack, give something nutritious like a fruit.
- Monitor drink/juice consumption. Between meals, offer water or low-fat milk.
- Develop good brushing and flossing practices: Brush at least 2 times daily. The night-time brush is the most important and should be done right before bedtime. Brush all the surfaces of all the teeth to remove plaque. Flossing should be instituted once the teeth touch each other.
- Schedule regular dental visits so that the dentist can monitor your child’s dental development and intervene early where necessary.
The American Dental Association advocates for the first dental visit to occur within six months of the appearance of the first tooth and no later than the child’s first birthday.
Healthy teeth and a healthy smile are important for a child’s self-esteem. With proper care, a balanced diet, and regular dental visits your child’s teeth can remain healthy and strong.
Your Child Can Win A Google Home Mini
IN HONOR OF NATIONAL CHILDREN’S DENTAL HEALTH MONTH, we’re holding a special contest, and we’re inviting all of you to join in.
We invite children between 4 and 14 years of age across DFW to enter our contest
It’s Easy To Enter
- Take a picture showing off your pearly whites with any TVDC team member
- Tag our practice by adding @towneviewdentalcare in the description.
- Remember, the post must be public for it to be entered in our contest.
The Winner Will Receive a google home mini. (Contest ends March 31st)
The prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing. The winner will be selected from entries received during the Contest Period prior to the random drawing date.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of your smiling faces! Follow our practice on Instagram/Facebook for more fun contests and news.
Thanks for being our valued patients and friends!