Top 7 tips for toothache relief at home
Home remedies for toothache include natural ingredients and easily accessible items. Home treatments for tooth pain include cold compress, hydrogen peroxide solution, and saltwater rinse. A toothache is a pain around the tooth and gum. Tooth pain results from irritation of the nerve roots around the teeth, an infection, or gum swelling. Consistent toothache is a sign of an issue that requires immediate dental attention.
How to Treat Tooth Pain Fast At Home?
There are easy home cures for mild tooth pain symptoms. Home remedies for toothache numb the area, heal tooth swelling and kill germs in the mouth. Talk to your doctor before using any home remedies for toothaches while pregnant.
Here 7 tooth pain relief tips to do at home.
- Cold compress – Inflammation is reduced by applying a cold compress to the swollen area. An ice compress tightens the blood vessels to numb the area around the tooth pain. Apply a bag of ice wrapped in a towel to the inflamed area for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse – A hydrogen peroxide rinse is an effective at-home treatment for toothache caused by inflamed gums and infection. Water and 3% hydrogen peroxide are combined in equal amounts to make a hydrogen peroxide rinse. Wash your mouth with the hydrogen peroxide solution for 30 seconds. Children should not use hydrogen peroxide rinse due to the risk of ingestion.
- Saltwater rinse – A saltwater solution eases the discomfort caused by tooth pain. A saltwater rinse dislodges food particles stuck between the teeth and cleans the mouth. Warm water and a half teaspoon of salt are combined to create a saltwater solution. Rinse your mouth for 30 seconds with the saltwater solution to bring down toothache swelling.
- Garlic – Garlic destroys the germs that lead to plaques, providing toothache relief. Garlic is a well-known anti-inflammatory and painkiller. To relieve tooth pain, chew fresh garlic or rub crushed garlic on the affected area.
- Clove oil – Tooth pain is relieved by rubbing clove oil on the affected area. Eugenol, which is present in clove oil, has antimicrobial qualities that reduce inflammation. Apply clove oil on a cotton ball and dab it on the affected area until tooth pain is relieved. A mouthwash consisting of clove oil and water is another natural treatment for tooth pain.
- Peppermint tea bags – Cool the tooth pain area by applying a peppermint tea bag to the swollen gum. Menthol, an ingredient in peppermint, provides numbing qualities that calm sore gums. Place a warm peppermint tea bag on the affected area for toothache relief.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract is applied to the toothache area to bring down swelling. Use a cotton ball or your finger to apply the vanilla extract to the painful tooth area throughout the day.
What are Other At-Home Treatments for Toothache?
Home treatments for toothaches include over-the-counter items and oral medications. A toothache is a pain or discomfort around the teeth. The irritation of the tooth’s nerve is a common cause of Toothaches. Infected teeth and gums should be treated right away by a dentist.
Does Heat Relieve a Toothache?
Applying a heat pack after a cold compress relieves tooth pain at home. Heat stimulates blood flow to the area of tooth pain. A toothache caused by an infection should not be treated with heat. Call your dentist if you have a toothache due to an infection.
Does Ibuprofen Relieve a Toothache?
Ibuprofen is a common over-the-counter (OTC) drug for mild to moderate toothaches. Ibuprofen reduces swelling to provide nighttime tooth pain relief at home.
Does Bonjela Relieve a Toothache?
Bonjela is a treatment gel used to treat toothache brought on by an infection or swelling of periodontal tissue. Bonjela is applied to the gums to treat infection and toothache at home. It is advisable to see your dentist or oral surgeon for infections.
Does Aspirin Relieve a Toothache?
Another oral painkiller used to treat toothaches at home is aspirin. Aspirin should not be applied directly to the toothache area.
Does Coconut Oil Relieve a Toothache?
Coconut oil relieves toothache at home due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics. Swish coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water.